The Carousel of Happiness is a special place. Its goal is to bring a little joy into people’s lives. In order to do that, we are committed to only charging $1 a ride so we rely on volunteers to greet visitors and answer questions, sell tickets and ring up gift shop merchandise.
What Does a Carousel Gift Shop Volunteer Do?
1. Greet our guests warmly. Make sure everyone feels welcome.
2. Use the cash register to ring up gift shop sales, ticket sales, and parties.
3. Tidy up the gift shop during slow periods.
4. Answer questions about the Carousel’s history, and about Nederland.
5. Let the manager on duty handle any rude or inappropriate behavior by visitors.
6. Go the extra mile to make our guests happy.
7. Have fun! The best benefit of being a Carousel gift shop volunteer is just being here. See the surprise on the faces of little children as they see the Carousel for the first time, hear the laughter floating down from the Puppet Theatre, and meet people traveling from near and far. Invite yourself to come share the happiness that is here. Your happiness adds to the power of the Carousel to make others happy.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call our office at (303)258-3457, or just stop by during business hours. We’re waiting for you!
If you would like to volunteer in another area other than the gift shop, please let us know and we can talk about other Carousel needs. We value our volunteers’ energy and ideas!