Experience the Magic!
Tickets to ride are only $1.
April and May Schedule*:
Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 11:00am – 6:00pm
Mid-May we will start extending our hours. Stay tuned for more information.
*Schedule subject to change, please check back and/or call ahead.
The Carousel of Happiness is…
- A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
- A unique, participatory exhibit of folk art
- A living piece of American history
- A community space for meetings, parties, weddings
- A destination for people with disabilities
- A demonstration building for green, energy-saving technologies
- An outpost of simple joy for young and old!
The Carousel has 36 colorful, hand-carved animals to ride, and 25 smaller animals keeping them company. Tiny fairies fly overhead and hide in the shadows.
Upstairs there is an observation window, a small party room, and a Do-It-Yourself Puppet Theatre housed in a lovingly restored anitque band organ facade.
The Carousel Gift Shop sells high-quality toys, books, posters, gifts, puppets, and the work of local artists and artisans.