Experience the Magic!
Memorial Day marks 5 years for the Carousel of Happiness. Help us celebrate! Be sure to check out our weekend schedule of festivities.
The Carousel of Happiness is…
- A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
- A unique, participatory exhibit of folk art
- A living piece of American history
- A destination for people with disabilities
- A demonstration building for green, energy-saving technologies
- An outpost of simple joy for young and old!
The Carousel has 36 colorful, hand-carved animals to ride, and 25 smaller animals keeping them company. Tiny fairies fly overhead and hide in the shadows.
Upstairs there is an observation window, a small party room, and a Do-It-Yourself Puppet Theater housed in a lovingly restored antique band organ facade.
The Carousel Gift Shop sells high-quality toys, books, posters, gifts, puppets, and the work of local artists and artisans.