Current Job Openings
Carousel of Happiness Associate | Job Posting
The Associate helps manage day-to-day front space operations at the Carousel of Happiness including visitor relations, safety, nonprofit stewardship, retail operations and volunteer supervision. Reports to the Operations Manager.
The Associate positively represents the Carousel to the public and within the organization and is responsible for maintaining an environment that is safe, inclusive and respectful to all guests and staff.
The position is part-time, 8 to 20 hours a week. Weekend availability required. Pay is $12/hr.
To apply email a cover letter (please include your favorite animal at the Carousel and why) and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 16th.
- Open and close the Carousel, according to opening/closing checklists.
- Supervise transactions and cash handling.
- Supervise all front of house activity including the puppet theater, gift shop, passport station, exhibitions/installation, private parties, sound booth, etc.
- Complete end of day paperwork and track daily metrics.
- Communicate with Carousel operators and help guests on or off Carousel when needed.
- Take phone calls, check messages.
- Book parties and events, confirm parties and assist with setup/takedown of private parties and groups.
- Act as a docent to Carousel guests including greeting every person/party, being proactive in sharing the carousel story, introducing carousel features to new guests and messaging the Carousel as a nonprofit.
- Be proactive in collecting visitor and donor information.
- Supervise and train volunteers.
- Regularly communicate and meet with the Operations Manager.
- Assist with special projects, as needed (e.g. sales, special events, research, etc.).
- Maintain general cleanliness of the building and monitor inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Assist with social media posts, as needed.
- Keep the gift shop clean and stocked and maintain an orderly backstock.
- Contribute to monthly inventory. As needed, assist the Operations Manager by doing inventory, placing orders or collecting specific metrics.
- Consult with Operations Manager about retail, sales, programs, etc., as needed.
- Fulfill online or special orders, as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Previous retail, sales and/or hospitality experience a major plus
- Computer literate; familiarity using POS systems
- Extremely personable, positive, and approachable
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time; can lift up to 50 pounds
- Ok with shift scheduling, working weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Carousel of Happiness provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.