The Carousel of Happiness is a special place. Its goal is to bring a little joy into people’s lives. In order to do that, we are committed to only charging $1 a ride so we rely on Volunteers to greet visitors and answer questions, sell tickets and ring up Gift Shop merchandise.
WHAT DOES A CAROUSEL GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER DO?
1. Greet our guests warmly. They make sure everyone feels welcome.
2. Use the cash register to ring up gift shop sales, ticket sales, and parties.
3. Neaten up the gift shop during slow periods.
4. Answer questions about the Carousel’s history, and about Nederland.
5. Let the manager on duty handle any rude or inappropriate behavior by guests.
6. Go the extra mile to make our guests happy.
7. Have fun! The best benefit of being a Carousel gift shop volunteer is just being here. See the surprise on the faces of little children as they meet the Carousel for the first time, hear the laughter floating down from the Puppet Theatre, and meet people traveling here from near and far. Invite yourself to come share the happiness that is here. Your happiness adds to the power of the Carousel to make others happy.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you can email us at email@example.com, call our office at (303)258-3457, or just stop by during business hours. We’re waiting for you!
If you would rather not work in the Gift Shop but would like to help out, please let us know and we can talk about other Carousel needs…